Facing The Darkest Of Times Facing The Darkest Of Times

This is incredibly nice. Improved my mood significantly. Brilliantly done. Gonna keep this on loop for a while.

Thanks!

Sorcerers Path - Cale Unleashe Sorcerers Path - Cale Unleashe

I thought the production was very nice on this track. Very full and vibrant with a lot of good mixing. The part that bugs me is the generic sound of it all. It just doesn't have that unique melody or harmony to set it apart from any other cinematic boss music. I would love to hear a breakdown with some melodic yet dark tones. Something that you can think back to and remember easily. If your music just melds together in a game it ends up feeling stale. Otherwise good job.

SoundChris responds:

Thanks man - glad you liked it! Hm i think i know what you mean with "generic". But i think thats just the way the modern cinematic styles work. This here is quite similar to zimmers inception so i tried to check out also how this kind of style works. Usually i am more the late romantical inspired cinematic fan and adore goldsmith, williams and elfman. But its always a good idea to try out new things i guess :D

The thing with this track is that you face an enemy which cant be defeated in this encounter since he is overpowered and just crushes you. So the loop had to be quite short. To evolve a musical idea here would have become complicated i guess.

Thanks a lot for leaving your thoughts here!

None Shall Call Upon Thee None Shall Call Upon Thee

Love the rhytmn in this one!

Psychknight responds:

Thanks.. My rhythmic abilities do seem to shine when I mess around with battery :P idk why, it's just inspiring or something

Alien Sanctum (Level 7-ish) Alien Sanctum (Level 7-ish)

Fucking awesome ambiance!

thanks :P

Distant Traveler Distant Traveler

Rhythm is fine. It doesn't really fit a time measure, but any artist can appreciate diverging from the norm for the sake of creativity and self expression...actually that's kinda one of the points of art. Melody and emotion is there, overall a good song. I would like to hear an extended version with more of a complex progression and melody to it though. :P

Psychknight responds:

hey Hey!... hey... hey now.......... hey.

Something catchy and chil Something catchy and chil

Now I'm not saying this the best song ever...but it's the best song ever.

Psychknight responds:

well, best ever *thing* maybe.. but its not a full song really

Glover Atlantis Realm 3 Glover Atlantis Realm 3

Oh man, this brings me back. Glover was a great game at the time. Amazing sense of atmosphere to it, mostly from it's incredible soundtrack. Nicely done on this remix.

Capes and Swords Capes and Swords

Sounds pretty awesome. If you want even more of that sonic feel you gotta make that bass line at least 3 times more funky though. XD

MrtheNoronha responds:

I will try it on the next one, thanks :^)

Frozen With Time Frozen With Time

Awesome song. Very dramatic and atmospheric.

Moonlit skyship - S1 [4.5] Moonlit skyship - S1 [4.5]

Spent yesterday listening to your stuff

Didn't hear all of it, but from what I did, your stuff is great.

Calamaistr responds:

hey thanks!! its great to hear compliments like this :)
I just uploaded more of this little sub project and will upload an ending theme (thats already finished) tomorrow aswell wich is a simpler version of the 3rd track (hot air balloon village)